The first CraftBian 2 version is now ready for some testing! I have made an image ready for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, which is two separate images for now. I’m making an installation script, so CraftBian 2 should be installable on any device (at least in theory), which will be made available later
Be advised though, that this image IS an ALPHA. Stuff is most certainly broken (hence the testing part), and there will be a lot of features missing from CraftBian 1 .
What this image includes
- Ubuntu 16.04 linux release for Raspberry Pi
- Laravel 5.5.28
- CraftBian v2 ALPHA 1 which includes
- Functionality to create, edit and delete servers
- Send server commands through the web interface
- Start/Stop the server
- Power management of the Raspberry Pi
- Limited settings for CraftBian
CraftBian 2 is not a continuation of CraftBian 1.. Its a complete do-over. A rewrite, utilizing the Laravel framework. This also means that many features from CraftBian 1 will not be present in this version of CraftBian 2. Those include:
- Backup feature
- Port forwarding feature
- Auto server restart, and power scheduling
- User management along with user role control
- Automated server broadcast over LAN
All those above features are planned to be included later, along with new features.
My goal of this first ALPHA is mainly to see how well this idea works with the Laravel framework.
If you want in on the testing, don’t hesitate to contact me on my email email@example.com .. Remember, the more testing and feedback i get on this version, the faster i can get new versions out to you, which includes the public release!