Personal Weather Tablet is an App for Android mainly created for tablets. It was an idea i had for my weather station that had no display, and i had a tablet which i didn’t use. This App simply presents the data from the weather station nicely. It supports the following weather stations
- GW1000 (Through the Customized weather service as of now)
- .. more to come
The app is customizable and lets you personalize the following:
- Themes – Colours of text, headers, graphics, graphs can get changed.
- Display from one graph only, to two graphs with an extra sensor column.
- Choose which sensors you want to show as graphs, and for how long the graph should span over.
- Instead of graphs a small web window can be shown which can be used for whatever you like. Can be used for Windy.com for local forecasts as an example (see screenshots)
- History for all sensors in the form of Graphs throughout each day. Simply tap the value on screen to see history for that given sensor
- Data older than x days (customizable) will be converted to min/max value of the day to conserve space on the tablet.
- Keeps the devices backlight on, so that it can truly work as a weather display
- Comprehensive alert system, that lets you chose on which sensors and when you want to have alerts from them. Get alerted once a day when wind gusts hits 20 m/s, or get alerted with sound when outdoor temperature goes below 32 fahrenheit
- Different units for different sensors
- Android support all the way back to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1*)
* Android 4.x might have issues with certain websites loaded in the webviewer, which is an option you can read about in the Instructions manual. Unfortunately this is an Android limitation that i cannot make a work around for.
This page will be further added to with how to’s, tutorials and more at a later time.
For bugs and issue tracking go here: https://bitbucket.org/pingponglee/gw1000-station/issues?status=new&status=open
Contact me at email@example.com or through the issue tracker above if you experience any bugs/issues
Known issues / ToDo:
- The application is required to run in the foreground to log updates to history and have the alert system alert the user. It will in time be moved to a service, so that the user doesn’t have to have it open
- Landscape support only – Might look at support for portrait, however this was never the intention
- Only compatible with the Temp/Humidity (WH31/WH32) and Soilmoisture (WH51) sensors for now. I will add compatibility with more sensors as i get them my self. For now PM2.5 (WH41) and Lightning (WH57) are planned
- Better scaling on other devices. This is still not tested, so i expect there to be some issues
- Bugs. There will be some, as I’m the only one who has tested it, which surely isn’t enough