Got my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ today. First of all i confirmed that the current available image of CraftBian is not working with the Raspberry Pi 3 B+, so I’m going to have to look into this.
I’ve been thinking about what to do, and I might actually create a new image based on Raspbian. The reason for this is because it is the official OS, so support is high. Secondly this OS is compatible with all Raspberry Pi’s so i can make a single image, and everyone can use it. And lastly, i can get the newest version of CraftBian unto the image so people wont have to update it when they first get it!
On the right picture you can see the units i currently have i test with. From the top:
- Raspberry Pi Model B – Used primarily for notes and power control in my home (the wires on top are the GPIO interface attached to a 433 MHz transmitter, so that i can send signals to different outlets around the house)
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B – CraftBian 2 Development unit. I’m using this one for developing CraftBian 2, because this is the slowest model i have that can handle Minecraft. The reason i use the slowest unit, is because i can then track how it performs as development goes on.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B – Used for other development projects
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ – The new unit. Will be used for creating the new image for CraftBian 1, and used for debugging CraftBian 1 afterwards
- Asus TinkerBoard – Will be used for testing and debugging CraftBian 2 on other platforms than Raspberry Pi
Thats all for now!